Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!
This recipe is a simple cookie recipe with a twist.
The addition of jam makes these a really juicy bite!
A Simple List of Ingredients:
2. Caster Sugar
3. An Egg
4. Vanilla Flavouring
5. Plain Flour
6. Ground Almonds
7. Strawberry Jam
8. Lemon Curd
Bismillah, let's begin!
First, preheat your oven to Gas Mark 4 / 180C.
Into a large mixing bowl, weigh out 4 ounces softened Butter.
Add 5 ounces Caster Sugar to the butter.
Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
Next, take 1 Egg and separate it. Save the egg white because you'll need it for later.
Add the Egg Yolk to the butter mixture.
The next ingredient is vanilla flavouring.
Add 1 teaspoon Vanilla Flavouring to the mixture.
Beat the mixture well to combine.
The next ingredient is plain flour.
Weigh out 6 ounces Plain Flour. Add to the mixture, and mix well.
The next ingredient is ground almonds.
Spread 1 ounce Ground Almonds on a plate and add 1 tablespoon Sugar, and mix.
And the Egg White left over from before. This needs to be whisked lightly with a fork in a separate bowl.
Take both the ground almond mixture and the whisked egg white.
Meanwhile, roll walnut-sized pieces of dough into balls.
Take one ball, and dip into the egg white.
Then roll in the ground almond and sugar mixture.
Place the ball onto a greased baking tray, and make a deep indentation with your thumb on the cookie.
Repeat this method with all the dough balls.
Bake in the preheated oven at Gas Mark 4 / 180C for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, take a few tablespoons Lemon Curd.
And a few tablespoons Strawberry Jam.
Take the cookies out of the oven after the 10 minutes, and carefully (because it's hot!) press down again on each indentation.
Fill each thumbprint with jam!
Bake again in the oven for about 12 minutes.
Leave to cool and enjoy!
· 4 ounces (113 grams) Butter, softened
· 5 ounces (141 grams) Caster Sugar
· 1 Egg
· 1 teaspoon Vanilla Flavouring
· 6 ounces (170 grams) Plain Flour
· 1 ounce (28 grams) Ground Almonds
· 1 tablespoon Sugar
· Few tablespoons Lemon Curd
· Few tablespoons Strawberry Jam
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4 / 180C. Grease and line a baking tray.
2. Beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
3. Separate the egg. Add the egg yolk to the butter mixture, along with the vanilla. Beat well.
4. Add the flour and mix well.
5. In a separate bowl, mix the ground almonds and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Whisk the egg white with a fork.
6. Roll the dough into walnut sized pieces.
7. Dip each ball in the egg white and then roll in the ground almond and sugar mixture.
8. Place onto the baking tray, and make an indentation with your thumb. Repeat with all the balls.
9. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven, and fill each indentation with either the lemon curd or strawberry jam.
11. Bake for another 12 minutes. Allow to cool before serving!