Sunday 6 April 2014

House Guests + Green Juice + Fish Curry: 28 March - 4 April 2014

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful


Welcome to my first week in pictures!




 I've seen a few of these online and liked the idea of it, so here goes! Most of these pics are from my Instagram page and others are from my phone and small camera.

Friday: We had guests coming at the weekend so I baked Raisin Orange Tray Bake from a Mary Berry recipe. It was easy and quick to make and everyone who tasted it loved it. Pretty good result! The only mistake I made was that I used a tin that was too small - oops. To see the state of my poor oven, take a look here.
Saturday: Dinner on Saturday night was a big affair. We ate Sunnah style, on the floor and everything was really tasty. The food was Chicken PulaoAloo Palak, a tasty Gobi Gosht curry (the recipe for which is coming soon) and dessert which was made courtesy of this lady :)
Saturday: This dua is very good for the ladies. One of my friends sent it to me as I needed to give it to someone.
Sunday: A pic of one of my many favourite Hadith. Another Hadith on this same topic of love for the sake of Allah is:
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, "Seven are (the persons) whom Allah will give Shade of His Throne on the Day when there would be no shade other than His Throne's Shade: 
1. A just ruler
 2. a youth who grew up worshipping Allah
 3. a man whose heart is attached to mosques
4. two persons who love and meet each other and depart from each other for the sake of Allah
5. a man whom an extremely beautiful woman seduces (for illicit relation), but he (rejects this offer by saying): `I fear Allah'
 6. a man who gives in charity and conceals it (to such an extent) that the left hand does not know what the right has given
7. a person who remembers Allah in solitude and his eyes well up".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Monday: The only day this week that we had beautiful weather. Beautiful and warm enough to sit outside in the garden and enjoy homemade ice lollies made in these lolly moulds.
The deck was in shade so not too good for photos so we moved out in to the actual garden where there was sunshine. These Pink Lemonade ice lollies were really refreshing - perfect for summer heat. The recipe I used can be found here. They only require fresh lemon juice, frozen or fresh raspberries and a few other everyday ingredients.
Would you look at the colour of the sky? Subhanallah. I think it may have just become my new favourite colour. Our house has a flight path over it - the planes go over to reach the airport. They're not that disturbing but on clear days like this one, you can see them. And, if you know me at all, you'll know I love my aeroplanes!
Monday: I had two avocados lying in the fridge over the weekend so decided to grill up Cajun chicken with an avocado salad. I used this recipe for inspiration.
Wednesday: Green Juice day! This was made by blending together a handful of spinach leaves, 1/4 cucumber, 2 green apples, juice of 1/2 lemon, splash of pure orange juice, ice and water. I made it again the next day and added grated ginger and pineapple. What are your favourite green juice recipes?
Thursday: Frittata day! I've made a frittata before on this blog but not for a while. The one I made this week was a lot more spicy - recipe coming soon!
Update: Here is the recipe.
Friday: This was dinner on Friday - fish curry, boiled rice and lots of salad (I'm kind of obsessed with vine tomatoes at the moment).

Hope you all had a wonderful week and that you have an even better week to come!

Wasalaam!


Spice Enthusiast
© copyrights This Muslim Girl Bakes, All Rights Reserved. Branding & Blog Design by Sadaf F K.