Sunday 10 May 2015

Bank Holidays + Sick Days + Rainy Fridays: 2-8 May 2015

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful



say little, serve all, pass on. this is the true greatness - to serve unnoticed and work unseen.
{via}
this week, there's been caramelised biscuits galore (both in biscuit and spread form), and a giant batch of date flapjacks.

{via}
I've been smashing chickpeas, frying meatballs and baking a cake with all my favourites.
{via}
there was a delicious bank holiday roast, plenty of toast and sick days.
{via}
 I made homemade tortillas on a warm Thursday evening and sliced up plenty of fresh veggies for a stir-fry on an absolutely drenched Friday evening.

Here are my highlights:

 beginning the weekend with these biscuits - my god, they are so good.
my Mother made a batch of date flapjacks by mixing together:
300 grams Rolled Oats
100 grams Soft Light Brown Sugar
150 grams Golden Syrup
1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
1 teaspoon Mixed Spice
150 grams Unsalted Butter, melted
then, add in:
100 grams Dates, pitted and chopped
mix until a sticky ball is formed.
press into a lined baking dish and bake at 180C or Gas Mark 4 for about 30 minutes until golden. let it cool and then slice.
for lunch, chickpeas with all the trimmings.
sesame seeds about to be toasted.
ready to eat!
here  is the full recipe.
later, oranges + grapes.
{via}
the first Sunday in May!
breakfasting on scrambled eggs and onion bagels.
inspired by a really old book to bake a cake.
a cake with all my favourites - coming soon!
 bank holiday roast potato and sweet potato.
spicy roast chicken.
time to eat!
later later, ice cream.
coffee lovers, you must try it.
{via}
 gosh, I was ill today. I couldn't even taste the salt in this salted caramel chocolate.
buttered toast all the way for Tuesday dinner.
tried my best to get things done today, but when you're ill, it's best to embrace it and have one big sick day.
{via}
plenty of raisins on a Wednesday morning.
this sky perfectly sums up the weather here this week.
{via}
 eggs on Thursday morning.
later, I made tortillas.
cooked up chicken, peppers and onions with fajita spice.
wrapped them up and dipped in sriracharanchperi peri and sweet onion relish.
time for a break!
{via}
friday evening came around with plenty of rain.
the perfect weather for a spicy end-of-the-week stir-fry.
{via}

On the blog this week:


Sesame Chicken Meatballs + Smashed Chickpeas

finally, a few of my favourites from around the web this week:

1. these grilled veggie enchiladas would be perfect for a meatless Monday.
2. one can never have enough chocolate chunk cookie recipes.
3. this chicken and punchy relish would be perfect any night of the week.
4. guys, I need to really up my pie game this year.
5. give me a bowl of this minced lamb any day.
6. an everyday staple made at home.
7. to be welcomed home with this cake would make anyone's day.
8. two words: cookie lollipops.
9. my Mother would love this loaf.
10. another two words: pizza rolls.
11. basic baking tips from a baking addict.
12. get peeling those carrots.
13. I feel a taco night coming on.
14. pass me a spoon.
15. let veggies be the star of your next lasagne.


{via}

have a beautiful week everyone - spend time offline, bake with rhubarb and cook from an old cookbook.

Wasalaam!


Spice Enthusiast
© copyrights This Muslim Girl Bakes, All Rights Reserved. Branding & Blog Design by Sadaf F K.