Sunday 12 February 2017

The Green Smoothie.



Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

It's a quick Sunday smoothie recipe for you today!
We've been on a real smoothie kick lately and have enjoyed trying out loads of different flavours and combinations.
Today, I thought I would share a quick recipe for our favourite green smoothie.
Packed with spinach, a kick of fresh ginger and plenty of sweet and cold frozen banana, it will definitely perk you up!

A Simple List of Ingredients:
1. Spinach
2. Apple
3. Almond Milk
4. Orange
5. Lemon
6. Frozen Banana
7. Ginger
8. Vanilla

Bismillah, let's begin!

This smoothie gets its beautiful natural green colour from spinach. Usually I use baby spinach but here, I used a handful of normal spinach leaves and it worked well. If you're really in the mood, add kale instead.

One of my favourite things to always add to any smoothie is a frozen banana. I love its natural sweetness, creaminess and how it keeps the smoothie really cold without having to add any ice.

To freeze my bananas, I peel them, give them a rough chop and place 1 banana into 1 freezer bag. Tie up and freeze.

I like to do one banana in one bag so that way I know how much is in each bag. We love freezing fruit and spinach for smoothies and basically have an entire drawer in the freezer just for fruit.

Anyway, for this green smoothie, I placed all my ingredients into my blender. I used:

Handful of Spinach Leaves
1/2 Apple
1 Orange, peeled and roughly chopped
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1 Banana, roughly chopped and frozen
Small piece of Ginger, peeled and chopped
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence

Finally, I poured in Almond Milk, to taste. I used unsweetened but sweetened is good too.

The more milk you add, the thinner the smoothie. I prefer a thinner smoothie to actually drink but if I'm in the mood for a smoothie bowl, I will keep things on the thicker side.

Finally, blend the smoothie up really well until everything is well combined. It can take time for the spinach, ginger and apple to break down properly.

And, that's it! All you have to do now is pour the smoothie into a glass and enjoy!

This smoothie is best enjoyed straight away! Enjoy!

The Green Smoothie.

Prep Time: About 10 minutes.
Blend Time: About 3 minutes.
Serves: 1 person.

Ingredients

Handful of Spinach Leaves
1/2 Apple
Almond Milk, as needed
1 Orange, peeled and roughly chopped
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1 Banana, roughly chopped and frozen
Small piece of Ginger, peeled and chopped
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence

So easy:
Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend really well for a few minutes until everything is smooth. You can add as much or as little almond milk as you like. Serve immediately.

{adapted from sally's baking addiction}

This Time One Year Ago:

This Time Two Years Ago:

This Time Three Years Ago:

This Time Four Years Ago:

Keep me in your duas please, and enjoy your green smoothie!

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!


Spice Enthusiast
© copyrights This Muslim Girl Bakes, All Rights Reserved. Branding & Blog Design by Sadaf F K.