Sunday 3 December 2017

Current Favourites #7: Spring Roll Squares and More!


Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Can you believe it's December already?!

This year has flown by faster than any before it.
I've just about gotten used to writing 2017 and it's already nearly over! Anyway, I hope life is treating you well. I've been down with a sore throat and cold this week and have literally been hibernating all week whilst inhaling all the Vicks. It's my own fault really. The day before my cold started, I had an iced Coke and chocolate gelato on the same day. Oops!

Here are my current favourites:



I actually can't remember taking this picture. Thought I'd still include it because, pretty sky.
Picking fresh sage in the garden.
I used it to make a pesto which you can see in my cookbook of the month post.
Current favourite quick meal - scrambled egg on toast with cherry tomatoes and crispy salami.
It's also great with potato waffles instead of toast.
Spending time with my Aunt!

She wanted to show me how she makes her crispy fried fish. Starting with a batter made with self-raising flour.
The fish was seasoned with salt and red chilli.
The fish was tossed in flour.
Dipped in the batter and dropped into hot oil.
Served immediately with hot chips, ketchup and tea.
The last leaves have fallen. Winter is well and truly here.
A veggie pie for the weekend.
Definitely one to share with you all soon.



Put kale into a chicken curry!


Sunny but freezing.


I put salty pretzels into my biscuits!


Mum made this pizza. It was delicious with lots of oregano.


I couldn't resist making my Kung Pao Chicken again.


We had it with steamed rice and a sprout carrot stir fry.



The first snow!
It didn't last long but melted almost straight away. Typical.


Taco night! These were battered fish tacos with cabbage, chipotle mayo and pico de gallo.



We finally had a roast chicken after ages.
So good with mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables and chicken gravy.


I made a few spring roll squares for the first time this week.
Not bad!


I made my raisin orange cake again this week.

I halved this recipe and baked it in a round tin.
Perfect with hot custard!

7 Recipe Ideas for Your Upcoming Week:

Spice Enthusiast
© copyrights This Muslim Girl Bakes, All Rights Reserved. Branding & Blog Design by Sadaf F K.