Sunday 18 February 2018

Current Favourites #11: Lemon Meringue Pie and More!

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Happy Sunday!

I hope you're looking forward to a day of rest and relaxation before the busy week ahead.
Today, I'm sharing my current favourites from the past few weeks. I've been very busy in the kitchen testing lots of new recipes ready to shoot for my Ramadan blog content. Get excited!

Here are my highlights:

Sticky, crispy jalebis on a grey Saturday morning.

A chicken and potato biryani after a week of vegetarian food.


Jam buns going into bake.
have you tried the recipe yet?

Emergency chocolate mug cake on a very dull afternoon.

A veggie stew on the go.
Topped with cheese dumplings. It was my first time baking dumplings - they're kind of like savoury scones.

Baking baklava at home for the first time!

My first time making and tasting Welsh rarebit. So cheesy!

Tackling my choux pastry nemesis by baking chocolate eclairs. Not bad - my ganache was a little too loose though.

We were in the mood for a trifle. I used a strawberry glitter jelly that I bought from Aldi. It was tasty but not as glittery as I would have liked.

Our kofta curry was heavenly with rice on a cold afternoon for lunch.

One of my favourite spots in the house where ...
... on a clear day, you can see all the way to the Pennine hills in the distance.

Crispy potato onion fritters. Delicious with tomato ketchup.

This busy bee is back in the country! She's one and a half now and has an insatiable thirst to explore everything.

Friday night churros!

and, Friday night fishcakes!

a lemon meringue pie as per the Mother's request.

Pizza!


Snow!


But, we're ready for Spring.


All the citrus going into my chicken kebabs.

Fool!

Bought another fresh oregano plant. Let's hope it survives the year.

Finally made the classic Indian street food sandwich, vada pav. It was so spicy but so good! 

Weekend peri peri chicken with chips and a tomato onion salad.

Yes! Proper snow!

Pancake day! We went classic with British pancakes sprinkled with sugar and lemon juice.

I hope you're happy and well. Be sure to follow me on Instagram for lots more recipe inspiration and daily goings-on. Keep me in your duas, please!

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!


Spice Enthusiast
© copyrights This Muslim Girl Bakes, All Rights Reserved. Branding & Blog Design by Sadaf F K.