Wednesday 28 February 2018

February 2018: One Photo Everyday.

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Happy last day of February!
Our garden looks nothing like the picture above at the moment.
It's actually covered in snow as the beast from the east swirls overhead and we eat Cuban chicken stew inside to stay as warm as possible. This month has been filled with a lot of cooking and baking as I tested a tonne of new recipes for Ramadan. I did manage to squeeze in a little half-term baking with the girls. All credit to them for the cake design above. It was a pink and white checkerboard style when sliced. So fun!

Here's one photo everyday from my February:

 February 1: those onions made me cry.

 February 2: exploring the garden.

 February 3: I put raisins into my rice.

 February 4: the Mother's request.

 February 5: pizza night.

February 6: baking jam buns in the snow.


February 7: and that is why I always line my baking trays with foil.


February 8: fool day.

February 9: frying the green chillies was the scariest thing about this recipe. 

February 10: rescued the chicken just in time.


February 11: brownies made by the Mother. her recipe is here!


February 12: woke up to all the snow.


February 13: pancake day! full recipe is here.


February 14: all the chilli sauces out for a street food recipe.


February 15: one of the best desserts I've made in a long time.


February 16: fish friday.


February 17: so happy that I froze half of this cookie dough.


February 18: perfecting our hummus.


February 19: weekend leftovers for a Monday lunch.


February 20: saved the marshmallows just in time.


February 21: in the mood for pancakes.


February 22: I put pink into my vanilla cake mix.


February 23: baking with the girls.


February 24: these hyacinths smell so good.


February 25: syrian sunday roast.


February 26: in the mood for jarred pasta sauce. 


February 27: the weather didn't get the Spring baking memo.


February 28: white out.

Hope you had a good February. Let's hope March brings us some much-needed warmth. Keep me in your duas please!

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!


Spice Enthusiast
© copyrights This Muslim Girl Bakes, All Rights Reserved. Branding & Blog Design by Sadaf F K.