Wednesday 20 November 2013

Olive Tapenade

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!



This recipe is for Olive Tapenade. What is a tapenade you may ask? It is a French and Italian dip which can be pureed or finely chopped, and then spread on bread for a quick snack. This recipe uses olives as the main ingredient, so if you're an olive fan - you're in for a treat!


A Simple List of Ingredients:


1. Green Pitted Olives
2. Black Pepper
3. Olive Oil
4. Fresh Parsley
5. Garlic
6. A Lemon

Bismillah, let's begin!


So, first, I placed sixteen ounces (453 grams) of pitted green olives into the bowl of the food processor. You could use all green olives or all black, or a mixture of both.



Next, I threw in two peeled garlic cloves.



Next, I added a small bunch of roughly chopped fresh parsley, stalks and all.



Then, I squeezed in the juice of one lemon.



Then, I seasoned it well with freshly cracked black pepper. There wasn't much need to add salt since the olives were naturally salty.



Next, it was time for blending. I blended it for a few seconds until a coarse paste had been formed. 



Finally, I blended it again for a few seconds, whilst pouring in a few tablespoons of olive oil through the opening on the lid. 



And, just like that, my olive tapenade was ready! I served it spread on crusty bread and it was delicious. It kept really well in the fridge for a few weeks too.

Wasalaam!


Spice Enthusiast
© copyrights This Muslim Girl Bakes, All Rights Reserved. Branding & Blog Design by Sadaf F K.