Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!
These are a dad favourite, and so simple to make. Don't be put off by the name because they actually come out really soft and moist.
A Simple List of Ingredients:
1. Self-Raising Flour
2. Ground Cinnamon
3. Brown Sugar
5. Orange Zest
6. Golden Sultanas
8. An Egg
Bismillah, let's begin!
First, as always, preheat your oven to Gas Mark 4.
Sift 10 ounces self-raising flour into a large mixing bowl.
To the sifted flour, add 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
To the flour and cinnamon, add 2 ounces brown sugar.
Next, add 3 ounces butter, chopped.
Rub in the butter with your fingers.
Next, take the zest of 1 orange.
And take 6 ounces golden sultanas.
Add the orange zest and the golden sultanas to the mixing bowl.
Next, measure out 125ml milk.
Add the milk to the bowl.
Take 1 beaten egg.
Add the beaten egg to the bowl.
Stir together but do not over mix.
Drop teaspoon full of mixture onto a greased baking tray.
Bake for 20 minutes and then allow to cool.
Be sure to give your dad one of these. He'll love them!
· 10 ounces (283 grams) Self-Raising Flour
· ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
· 2 ounces (56 grams) Brown Sugar
· 3 ounces (85 grams) Butter, chopped
· Zest of 1 Orange
· 6 ounces (170 grams) Golden Sultanas
· 125 ml Milk
· 1 Egg, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a baking tray.
2. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add the cinnamon, sugar and butter. Rub in the butter with your fingertips.
3. Add the orange zest, golden sultanas, milk and egg. Mix until a dough forms.
4. Place teaspoon full of the dough onto the baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes and then, allow to cool.