Friday 17 February 2017

Coffee Chocolate Smoothie.



Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Today, I'm sharing the recipe for my personal favourite smoothie!

It has all my favourite things in it starting with coffee.
When I realised that you could put coffee in a smoothie, I had to try it straight away. Next, chocolate. I went with dark chocolate and raw cacao powder. They can be quite bitter but fear not! I have a secret weapon to sweeten everything up.
It's the frozen banana! I have a stash of these in my freezer. Naturally sweet and creamy, they are the ingredient of choice in the smoothie world. What else did I put in here? Oh yes, more favourites including peanut butter, cinnamon and vanilla.
I do enjoy fruit-based smoothies but every now and then you want something that feels and looks like a treat but is still kinda good for you. This coffee chocolate smoothie is just that. Have it for breakfast, as a snack or an energy-boost in the middle of a long day!

Smoothies, previously: the green smoothie

A Simple List of Ingredients:

1. Frozen Banana
2. Coffee
3. Vanilla Essence
4. Ground Cinnamon
5. Raw Cacao Powder
6. Natural Peanut Butter
7. Dark Chocolate
8. Unsweetened Almond Milk

Bismillah, let's begin!


Since this recipe is simply a case of blending everything up, let's talk about some of the key ingredients. First, the peanut butter. I like using a natural one here as they are less sweet.


The smoothie gets its chocolate flavour from a square (or two!) of dark chocolate as well as raw cacao powder

The sweetness comes from a frozen banana which I basically have stockpiled in the freezer for smoothies.

To freeze a banana, I peel and roughly chop it. Then, it goes into a freezer bag to freeze until solid. I do like to let it defrost slightly before blending to make life easier for the blender.

For the coffee, I have found that dissolving coffee granules in a tiny bit of hot water is the easiest way. I used around 1/2 teaspoon coffee but you could do more or less. If you have leftover brewed coffee, that would be delicious here too.

So, into a powerful blender (I used this one!), place:
1 roughly chopped and peeled Banana, frozen
1/2 teaspoon Coffee Granules, dissolved in 1 teaspoon hot water
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Raw Cacao Powder
1 teaspoon Natural Peanut Butter
1 square Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped or grated

I roughly chopped my chocolate and absolutely love the little nuggets you get in the smoothie.

Finally, Unsweetened Almond Milk, to taste! You can use any other milk you like too.

For a thinner smoothie, add more milk. For a thicker smoothie maybe for a smoothie bowl, add less.

Once everything is in, let's blend!

Blend for around 2-3 minutes or until everything is really smooth. And, we're done!


A little more grated dark chocolate on top and enjoy! I hope you guys this smoothie as much as I do!

Coffee Chocolate Smoothie.

Prep Time: About 10 minutes.
Blend Time: About 2-3 minutes.
Serves: 1 person.

Ingredients

1 roughly chopped and peeled Banana, frozen
1/2 teaspoon Coffee Granules dissolved in 1 teaspoon Hot Water
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Raw Cacao Powder
1 teaspoon Natural Peanut Butter
1 square Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped or grated
Unsweetened Almond Milk, as needed

The easiest ever!
Place all the ingredients into a powerful blender and blend for 2-3 minutes until smooth. Serve immediately!

Recipe Notes:

  • Let the frozen banana defrost slightly to make blending a whole lot easier.
  • This smoothie is best enjoyed straight away.
  • To make a smoothie bowl, add less almond milk so that the smoothie is really thick. Place in a bowl, top with more chocolate shavings and fresh fruit and dig in with a spoon.

Your Photos:

This Time One Year Ago:

This Time Two Years Ago:
green masala minced chicken.

This Time Three Years Ago:
chinese chicken potsticker dumplings.

This Time Four Years Ago:
chilli con carne.

Keep me in your duas please, and enjoy your smoothie!

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!


Spice Enthusiast
© copyrights This Muslim Girl Bakes, All Rights Reserved. Branding & Blog Design by Sadaf F K.